Thursday, June 7, 2012

Amster Damn this is a Beautiful City

I arrived yesterday morning, got the bike together in the room then when out to check out the town. The canals, old buildings, streets, cafes' etc.. are simply beautiful. This is a great city from which to start my ride. I anded up in a place called Cafe De Dokter which is a small pub that has been owned by the same family since it opened in the mid 1800s. It hasn't been dusted in 100 years which you can see from my pictures. Nice jazz in the background and a cheese plate for dinner. The people were very nice. I meet some greek folks who left Greece to live here just before the economy ran into a wall in Greece and some English tourists who were having A LOT of fun.

Everything is packed and ready to go. I meet everyone at the Amsterdam office in the am and ring the gong and do an interview with a Financial newspaper here. Then its off to Brussels !

i posted some photos on flickr. take a look

http://www.flickr.com/photos/71067201@N03/sets/72157630011044957/


This is a pic of my helmet with cam installed. And yes, i am supporting Japan :)





Dave


No comments:

Post a Comment