Thursday, May 31, 2012

Amsterdam Send Off

The folks in our European offices have done a lot for my ride. Rineke Reitsma our press officer in Amsterdam has setup a gong ceremony and an interview with the leading financial publication in The Netherlands (Financieele Dagblad). A human interest story and picture will be published on Saturday June 9. I will be meeting folks in Brussels and Paris to participate in similar ceremonies.I will publish some photos after the ceremonies in this blog.

I am very grateful to many NYSE Euronext employees who have put in a lot of time to coordinate events and get the word out on my ride. I never expected this kind of attention around it but i think as a company we can't help but do our jobs well. Thanks to everyone.

I arrive in Amsterdam on Weds June 6 and start my ride on Friday June 8 after the Gong Ceremony. Some Dutch colleagues will also ride with me out of the city. I asked them to take it easy on me as i will have 50 pounds of gear and 500 miles ahead of me.


Replace the pretty blonde woman with a bald guy with a bike and that will be me next Friday. 


No comments:

Post a Comment