Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Rain

All this rain makes me think of rain.

The worst riding in the rain story i have was when i did my ride from Bar Harbor Maine to Northwest Connecticut. The entire first day it was 50 and raining steadily. I rode about 40 miles then stopped for lunch. When i loosened my shoes i realized i couldn't feel my feet. And it didn't go away, i continued to not feel my feet, which kinda sucked. I looked at my feet and they were not the shade they should have been. Luckily people in Maine aren't overly concerned with hygiene so they allowed me to soak my feet in lukewarm water in their sink. 30 minutes later i was good to go, with some baggies on my feet that otherwise would have been used on leftover meatloaf. The baggies did the trick and kept my feet good for the remainder of the day. Fun stuff. Needless to say, i'll have something for my feet should i run into some heavy rain. I don't think folks in Europe would like a crazy americans feet in their sink for any length of time.

Meatloaf


No comments:

Post a Comment