Thursday, May 24, 2012

Gear and Oldness

Today i am sending my bike and gear to Amsterdam for the ride. I even spoke to a fancy man at the hotel to insure they don't throw it when it arrives. So i guess this is truly the official confirmation that i am doing the ride. Am i too old ? are my legs still up to the task ? These are the questions i am asking myself. The answers are all YES. I'm doing this thing and i'm happy to say we have raised enough money for 4 wishes. Less than two weeks from now i'll be flying to Amsterdam.

I took the bike for a ride with all the gear i am bringing on the trip. the weight is akin to riding a 5 year old on your bike for several hundred miles. Maybe i shouldn't have packed a belgian waffle iron.

Really looking forward to the trip and most of all granting the wishes to the Make a Wish Kids

Old Guy Like Me


1 comment: